In principle, any information that is posted on your site. Most searched for:
- company contacts;
- description of goods, their characteristics and content in general;
- Photo and video;
- discount information;
Not only competitors can carry out such “reconnaissance”. For example, a journalist can conduct research on whether online stores really provide real discounts on Black Friday. Or they artificially inflate prices shortly before it and give out the real price as a discount. To this end, it can parse the prices of a dozen online stores in advance and compare them with Black Friday prices.
Is It Legal To Scrap Websites
Or another example – Igor , using parsing, analyzed how much flower sellers raise prices for Valentine’s Day:
By the way, this article caused a great resonance. Therefore, if you are a blogger or a news publication, parsing is definitely worth adopting.
In short, it is legal – if you parse information that is in the public domain. This is logical, because any person can collect the data of interest without China Email List a parser. What is punishable by law:
- parsing for the purpose of a DDOS attack;
- collection of personal data of users that are not in plain sight – for example, in a personal account, indicated during registration, etc.;
- parsing to steal content – for example, reposting other people’s articles under your own name, using author’s photos not from free stocks;
- collection of information that constitutes a state or commercial secret.
Let’s consider this in more detail from the point of view
According to the Law of Ukraine “On Information” , information on the access mode is divided into public and information with limited access. In turn, information with limited access is divided into confidential, state secrets and official. Definitions of each type are contained in the Law of Ukraine “ On Access to Public Information .
To a greater extent, any dispute regarding illegal parsing and / or dissemination of information concerns precisely confidential data.